Stainless steel is an excellent product with common application in railing. But it is, of course stainless steel railings, it can stain, it can rust, it can mark and it can scratch. It can also look like new for a very long time if it’s treated properly.
For day to day cleaning, washing with soap or a mild detergent in warm water is quite sufficient for stainless steel. And remember to wipe the surface dry after washing.
Stainless steel can be scratched. So avoid dragging items across the surface and do remember that grit trapped between the steel and say, a pan, can cause scratching. Treat stainless steel as you would treat polished timber and you won’t go wrong.
Always rub in the same direction as the grain and be aware that round handrails are often polished around the circumference and not along the length of the tube.
And finally, although it probably goes without saying, don’t even think about using steel or wire wool scourers on stainless steel. Even plastic scourers should not be rubbed across the grain. We also warn against products with concentrated bleach in them. In fact, it’s well worth keeping a set of cleaning cloths especially for stainless steel.
Following are some given detergents can be used for cleaning the stainless steel if you met these certain conditions.
1. Some dust and dirt on the stainless steel surface. A mild detergent, Alcohol solvent or organic solvent (such as Ether、Benzene) can be used for cleaning.
2. Grease, Oil and Lubricating oil’s pollution. Firstly, use a piece of soft cloth to clean. Secondly, wash it with A mild detergent, or Ammonia solution, or special detergent.
3. If Bleach or various Acid stuck on the stainless steel, wash it with water immediately. Then dip it into Ammonia solution or Neutral Carbonated soda solution. At last, using A mild detergent or warm water to clean.
4. The rainbow pattern on the stainless steel is caused by excessive use of detergent or oil, with a mild detergent in warm water you can remove it.
5. Rust caused by the dirt on the stainless steel, 10% Nitrate or Abrasive detergent can be used. Also, special detergents are good.